If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, June 07, 2013

Shawl Blocking The Patwoman Way

Common Rocketpop has been knitted!

Man, it took me a long time to do such a small piece! I just haven’t had a lot of time lately. Work in-store and on the website had kept me pretty busy. Gotta love those 80 hour work weeks. But I have been picking it up and knitting a row or two here or there, just so my hands didn’t forget how to do it.

Here it is, damp and blocking. Like the look of the lace, all opened up. It’s a little smaller than I thought it would be. That could be because I skipped the last couple of rows of pattern (I was running out of yarn). And it could be because I stepped down two needle sizes (as I normally do) to account for my loose knitting. Of course, I did get the guage (12 st = 4 inches in stockinette) so I don’t think that’s it. I think it’s just smaller than I expected.

Still, I like the pattern a lot. And the colors are pretty cool together. I haven’t knit a shawl in a while, so it was a fun experience too.

As you can see, I don't have an actual blocking board. But I make do. I covered a big double thickness of cardboard with a bath towel. Yeah. I'm nothing, if not resourceful.

Achilles! Don't lay on my shawl! It's wet and full of pins!

That sounds like a dare to me, Humom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter