If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Elephants Never Forget

I don't know if that's true or not. But check out this cute little elephant. I made him as an ornament for M. She likes elephants.

It's kind of strange that she likes them because my grandma liked them a lot. But she died when I was in high school, long before I ever thought about having a daughter. But M feels a connection with elephants. It makes me think of my grandma.

This is Mini Elephant by Aine Marriott. I knit with some Lion Brand Jiffy from the Bag O' Scraps on #4 dpns. Because I'm crazy like that.

I wish I'd stuffed him a little firmer, but I wanted him to be light, since he's a hanging ornament. I think he looks fine this way. Just very squishy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter