If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

What A Day!

Ever have one of those days? Ye gads, I'm happy to be home. I knew it was going to be one of those days, too. I knew when I walked out the door and it was so sunny. I hate driving to work on sunny days. Why? Because I am five feet tall. The visor in my van is frackin' worthless to a five foot tall woman at 7 am. Here's what I see when I am driving to work:

Here's what I see for the first five minutes after I go inside the building:

I need one of those visor extenders to keep from going blind. (Auto Zone says, try WalMart. And Wally World says try Auto Zone.)

Anyway, I slip on the shades and try to sit taller in the seat to deal with it. And of course, traffic sucks. But I don't let that worry me. What worries me is that, by the time I reach the skeezy part of town (which I normally just drive through), I realize that I have to pee. Oh yes. Like have to.

So my choices are, stop at a gas station in a skeezy part of town or piss my pants in a skeezy part of town. It was a tough choice, really. When I get to the gas station, it's "For Customers Only." So I buy some gum at the skeezy gas station.

How do I know it's a skeezy gas station? Because they have a security guard there to keep all the drug dealers and hookers in line. How do I know they have a security guard on duty?

Because the bathroom door wasn't locked.

I'll just let that sink in for a moment. Yeah.

Back on the road, I pass the accident I could've been a part of, if I had not stopped at the gas station. And I get to work late. Which would've been okay, if I had not looked down.


Yes. Those are my feet. Those are the shoes I wore to work today. All day. Notice they are not only different shoes, they are different colors. The rest of the day consisted of poking my thumb through my pantyhose, losing a filling in the skeezy gas station gum, Blamey throwing a blueberry muffin at my head (because I gave some National Guardsmen her phone number at the job fair I worked yesterday), and getting stuck in traffic on the way home.

I'm thinking this is probably not the night to work on Chaos. Maybe I will just start a new project... M wants a shawl to wear over her prom dress. Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you look around the skeezy gas station for the visor thingy?

Did you ask the security guard if perhaps he'd seen one? (Might have been a good way of breaking the tension after the whole bathroom thing)

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter