If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hell Comes To Frogtown

No, not the Roddy Piper movie (in which Roddy is the only potent male in a world of women... Hey, who wrote that crap? Roddy Piper?). I'm talking about all the frogging I've had to do lately. Just about everything, as a matter of fact.

Okay, so the experimental dark blue shrug just didn't look right. I was trying to do this weird thing with the sleeves and, well okay. It just didn't look right. So I frogged it out.

Then I picked up the VooDoo yarn to frack around with it. Remember, that's the yarn that's eight inches of braided cord, then 4 inches of fringe, then braid, then fringe? When I went back to the Dollar Tree, they had it in that deep burgundy color that I love, so I got some of it.

So, I was thinking, what about something like a boatneck shell or a scoop tank? I could wear it under my suit jacket at work. The fringe would give it some interest. You know. It would make it seem funky and edgy and... Oh well. Look at it.

Like Elmo with mange.

Back to the dark blue shrug. I was thinking that snowflake lace pattern I was using really didn't look bad. It was the shaping of the sleeves that bothered me. I could just rip out a few rows and continue on. Unfortunately, I'd already ripped it all out.

So I cast on again. This time, I used larger needles, to give it a lacier effect. You can take a look at it here. This is about 2 repeats, I think. I'm liking it okay, so far. But I'm not opposed to sending it to Frogtown. (Like how I brought that back to Roddy Piper?)

Hell Comes To Frogtown is not great art. I'm sorry, Roddy. I know I said I was going to stop saying that, but I just can't lie to these people. (That's actually why we broke up, folks.) The director is trying to make some kind of statement about the misuse of technology, the evil of nuclear war, mankind as the instrument of its own demise... Or maybe he was just jumping on the "Post Apocalyptic Movie" bandwagon of the 80s.

Whatever. There is a part in the movie in which Sam Hell (Roddy P) has to sleep with a frogwoman. (Yeah, don't ask me. For some reason, there are hot/skanky looking women in the world and there are frogwomen like this.)

He puts a bag over her head.

You know, I don't know about you, but I've never asked anyone to put a bag over their head. It's just... I don't know... rude, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter