If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Adam, I'm Sorry

I could hardly sleep last night. I kept thinking... What if Adam West were to read my blog entry from yesterday? What if he routinely Googles himself, just to see if people are talking about him, and he somehow came across my little blog? The blog in which I implied that he was not... uh... endowed. In the tights area. You know what I mean.

Adam has gotta be almost 80 now. What if I broke his old-guy heart with my insensitive package criticism? I couldn't live with myself.

Adam... I'm so sorry, man. I only said it to be funny. Really. I was in grade school when you were in the Batsuit. I didn't even look at you that way, okay? I actually thought you were pretty cool. Way cooler than Green Hornet, even. Check him out, people:

For the rest of you, I put together the other Batmans (Batmen?) so you could compare. You will notice that Adam is the only one confident enough to wear satin trunks instead of molded vinyl. (Which could be deceiving, I'm just saying.)


I am still wearing Kittyville. It is a sexy hat, after all. I decided to test its sexiness tonight. Here are T and Gracie and my semi-adopted son, S, a la Kittyville.



Speaking of T, I wanted to point out that, while he may not understand/laugh at my knitting jokes (A cop drives up alongside a woman who is speeding along, knitting. "Pull over!" He demands. "No," She holds up the needles to show him. "Cardigan."), he is still my addiction enabler yarn hookup biggest supporter.

I was cruising the Craftster boards the other day and came across a post about Dollar Tree having Bernat yarn. So we're out and about and find ourselves at Dollar Tree. Now, everything's a dollar there, you understand. So this is not a huge amount of money. But I'm cheap. (Seriously, if you know me, you know how cheap I am.)

So, I'm standing there, going "Oh, let me think... how many yards will I need for a sweater? If I do a long sleeve..." And he just gets a little basket and starts filling it. I know, they're only $1, but somehow it just seems decadent to walk out with 20 skeins of yarn.

Anyway, I've got a lovely white Ping Pong variety and a very interesting blue Voodoo. I'm thinking some kind of cardi for the white.

I have no idea what to do with the blue Voodoo. It's a strange yarn. Half smooth braid, half fuzzy inch-long fringe. I think this is the kind of yarn that can either make something very visually striking or something very... uh... fugly. Still, my money's on interesting. We'll see, won't we?

That's all for tonight. Happy knitting.

So Adam... are we okay now?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Gracie sure doesn't seem impressed with the hat. Lol, although T looks cute. Good thing ya snagged him. :) Just kidding. Glad to see you survived up there. I was worried for a bit. Have a great day!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter