If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Tales From the Knitter's Bedroom

Yeah, that got your attention, didn't it?

Well, I'm not sharing the spicy stuff with you guys, sorry. (I'm *coughcough* years old, people. How spicy could it be, anyway? Believe me, if I wrote the Kama Sutra, it would be called Ow, You're On My Hair.)

What I will share with you is my progress on pattern-writing. (Pattern writing for the Fuzzy Sexy Lingerie. You remember that, from a few posts back, right?)

Well, I picked up the needles today to make another set and go over the pattern to make sure it was accurate before I posted it. I am also writing out the directions for some other sizes. And this second one uses a different lace pattern for the skirt portion.

It's pretty fun to do. Goes pretty quickly, too. My only real problem is that I just knit knit knit... Oh yeah, I guess I should've written that down.

I should have that completed tomorrow. Basically, I just felt like a total slacker today. I think I'm getting sick or something. (Damn it, I told T not to be coughing in the house. Look what he's done to me.) I've been so fracking tired all day today. I literally took a 5 hour nap and I feel like I could go back to bed right now.

Luckily T cooked dinner tonight. He made my famous beefy nachos, which are not really my nachos at all. They're Rachel Ray's. But she just seems like a really nice person and I know she will not mind that I make these at my house so often that everyone calls them "Mom's Beefy Nachos."

Oh, hey, you know what? My bro came to visit me this weekend. Just showed up on my doorstep. He lives about 100 miles away. So that was pretty cool. This is my bro who liked the afghan I knitted for him for Christmas. He even thanked me for it and said it was cool that I made it for him. That made me really happy.

Not that I knit stuff for people so they'll thank me. That's not what I'm saying. But I spent a lot of time this past year knitting really nice afghans for my two bros and my dad. I picked out patterns and colors and textures I thought they would like and I really thought about it.

My other bro sent me a mean letter because I left it on his porch with a note when he wasn't home. And my dad said "I don't want that."

But my younger bro was cool. Some time ago, he told me that Dad had gotten rid of his Christmas stocking. Mom made us all stockings when we were babies, you know. I still have mine. He told me he really missed having his. So I think I will make him one this year. Won't be the same as Mom's, but I think he will like it. And I want him to have something special so he knows I love him.

Oh, and I started a Dayflower Lace Scarf the other day. Because, you know, I'm just not happy if a single pair of my needles are sitting empty, I guess. It's a really easy pattern. I did about 6 repeats of the chart in a very short period of time. Then, I tried to do it while we played Earthdawn and I completely lost track. So I had to put it down and do something else during the game. (Have to do something with my hands or I start getting really fidgety and grouchy. Seriously.) Guess it's back to garter stitch or ribbed scarves for me.

So, currently on the needles: Chaos Sweater, Textured Raglan, Style Sweater (formerly known as "the green sweater." The pattern calls it "Style."), Kittyville, Fuzzy #2, Dayflower.

I found, hidden away in my stash, one skein of Sugar and Cream in a lovely spring-like color, so that is asking to become a spring purse. (Isabeau, if one skein is enough.)And I have some really nice (no label) pale blue mohair type that is begging to be abused by me. Oh, and the Moda Dea Ticker Tape that I really want to use for something, just not sure what. Every pattern I've seen, using that type of yarn, is a poncho of some sort. And I'm just not into ponchos.

Well, I am open to suggestions. If anyone has done anything really cool with ribbon yarn, I'd love to see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter