If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A FO! (But not Kittyville or Chaos)

So I finished the Anthropologie-Style Capelet last night. Had M try on today. Decided it may be a tad small, frogged a bit, reknit. Now I think it will work.

I swear, that is such a fast-working pattern! I so want to do another. I think I will do one for M's friend, M2. She will look good in one, too.

I hate to frog. No, I know. Nobody likes it. And, I would rather frog back than have something I wasn't satisfied with. I guess frogging just makes me feel like I've been wrong, like I've made a mistake. I hate that.

I want to do something like this capelet for myself, but I just don't think it will look right on me. I've seen a couple of top-down raglan sweaters I like... Glampyre has a couple I really like. Maybe I will adapt one for myself.

Of course, it was like 63 degrees today. Almost out of sweater-wearing weather. (Not that warm weather really stops me from knitting them...except this summer when the AC was broken and I couldn't even think about touching yarn without my hands getting all hot and sweaty. Yeee-uck!) Maybe I should start looking at some light, lacy, short sleeved tops?

Except for a shrug. I will knit another shrug. Before August. I'll be going to GenCon again in August. Last year, it was so frackin' hot that I was wearing shorts and tank top. But then, inside the convention, it was so frackin' cold (especially the one room I was in most of the time!). I went home that first night and knitted an Everybody's Doing It Shrug from Craftster, which is a pretty quick knit, basically a scarf with the ends seamed into tubes for sleeves. That really helped a lot. But this year, I want something that looks a little more stylish.

Oh, whatever. I guess I'm rambling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter