If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

I Think I May Have Knitter ADD

.... or something like that. What is it that I cannot just have one thing going at a time? Or two? Or seven?

Anyway, I have all the pieces of the Fuzzy Sexy Lingerie completed, but they need to be seamed together. It looks pretty nice, too. I tried it on, so I could pin the fuzzy bra cups into the proper place. Sweet. I just never seem to have enough alone time to piece it together.

Maybe I'm just being weird. I knitted the whole thing right there in the living room, watching TV, with everyone coming and going the whole time. No one ever pays attention to what I knit. Nobody asks "Hey, what's that?" That's why I felt so completely comfortable knitting it.

So... R's friend comes by last weekend, with his gf and her friend. And so the gf just looked right over at me and said "You knit? Cool. What are you making?" And I FRACKIN' PANICKED! Good God! Can you imagine what would have happened if I had said to this eighteen year old girl, "Oh, it's a fuzzy thong for my fuzzy lingerie set"?

Cough. Cough. Ack.

So I just smiled and said "A sweater," which was completely stupid because it was one of the bra cups and it so DID NOT look like a sweater. But, she said nothing, so maybe she just took me at my word, or was not all that interested anyway.

But the point is, I'm just really nervous about piecing this thing together with people around now. WOW.

So it is unfinished. As is the green sweater I'm doing for myself (and honestly, I have no idea where I stopped in the pattern repeat, since I lost my little posty with that info on it.) The Chaos Sweater is still in flux, too. T (poor boy) has been sick these last few days and has not rolled the dice in a while. So I am stalled on that. The Textured Raglan that I started knitting in the round is progressing. Body is done. One sleeve is half done. But the pattern is starting to bore the !#$#@* out of me. Oh, and poor Kittyville Hat is just sitting there with no ears.

(Is this story getting too long? Maybe I actually have ADD? Like I can't stay on topic?)

Anyway, I was home alone again. And I wanted some instant knitting gratification. Like, something that could be done RIGHT NOW. (Ooo, come to think of it, I should've just finished Kittyville, eh? Oh well.)So I whipped out some Microspun and some red beads and I knitted up a little Change Purse.



It's done on #2's (But I'm a loose knitter. You might use #4s) It's garter stitch, slipping the beads according to a chart. I wanted to use the SnBN Broken Heart Chart, but couldn't find the book (Someone should clean this mess up.) so I just graphed a heart and star out on my own. Came out pretty nice, I think.

Pretty useful, too. I left my regular purse at home yesterday and took it to the grocery store with me. It held cash, coin, Kroger Card, credit card, shopping list. And it slipped comfortably into my coat pocket. And I completed it all while I was watching "Dancing With the Stars." (Don't tell anyone I watch "Dancing With the Stars," okay?)

Anyway, it's back to the big projects for a while. Hopefully, I will finish one of these suckers to post soon.

Stay tuned. Same Pat-time. Same Pat-channel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter