If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

How many UFOs are too many?

I hope there's no limit. Seriously.

I was so proud of myself because, so far in 2006, I have completed:
1. Purple slippers
2. Book sweater
3. Ridiculously Easy Mary Jane Slippers
4. Romantic Lace Sweater

I was patting myself on the back, saying stuff like "Who rocks? I rock, baby!" Then I realized, I have almost as many UFOs. Hmmmpf.
1. Chaos sweater (almost finished with the back)
2. Textured raglan for me (knit in round, about 4 inches done so far)
3. I forget what the pattern is called--Green sweater in TLC Amore (almost finished with back)

And what is on my to-do list?
1. SJ's Forecast - with customizations, for me
2. Some kind of shawl. A nice lightweight, lacy white or off-white one that I can wear over fancy spring dresses. I'm thinking maybe of using that new lace weight yarn from Patons (Lacette). I saw it at Michael's the other day.
3. A spring purse done in cotton. I like the Isabeau Purse from ChezPlum.
4. Something in that light blue color with black trim. I just really like those colors together.

I may actually crochet something, too. You know, my previous exploits into the world of crochet have been limited to baby booties, the trim on knitted items, joining afghan squares, and one baby blanket. But I won a free class at Michael's 5-Hour Yarn Event last weekend, so I may take a crochet class and learn to do something like a hat. (?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter