If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Romantic Poet Sweater

May I present... The Lace Circular Sweater! Ta-Ta-Da!
The sweater, as modelled by my couch. I was kinda going for a romantic, lacy 19th century poet sort of look.
Close up of the seafoam pattern on the body of the sweater and the laddered rib I used on the cuffs and collar.

This was a lot slower going than I thought it would be. Obviously, trying to work out the math as you go takes some time. But I never imagined all those YO wraps would take so long! Sheesh!

As soon as I can get someone to hold the camera, I will post pix of me wearing the sweater. It fits nicely, and I think it will be a great thing to slip on over a shell or a sleeveless dress.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cirilia said...

OH.
MY.
GOD.

This is fantastic. Seafoam lace RULES.

And you were right about Squarey. This morning I found him rooting around in the trash muttering something about how "these damn rectangles taking over". I think he was talking about all the cereal boxes.

He got lumpier and lumpier as the night wore on...it was quite sad.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Coleen said...

That sweater is lovely. I have yet to attempt any lacy items, so I am quite impressed!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter