If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Superbowl Sunday!

I am a little excited about the game. It is the SuperBowl, after all. But I guess I am more charged up about the fact that it's the SuperBowl than the teams. Hard for me to be too excited now that my Colts are not in it any more. Sigh. I thought they were going to go all the way this year.

I can't believe how quickly these so-called "fans" turned on my guys! As soon as Vandy missed the kick (which only would have tied the game, btw, not won it)everybody was all like "They don't deserve a new stadium" and "They need to fire that kicker" and all kinds of really poisonous remarks.

Jeez. Lemme tell you, I have had some really bad days at work, too. I'm just glad there weren't 10 million people watching, you know? But, the sun still came up the next day. Life still prospered on the Earth. It's just football.

I know that sounds blasphemous coming from me, especially. But really. Nobody wanted to win that game more than my Colts. They played hard. It just didn't happen. Hey, at least the Patriots didn't win, right?

Still, I will be making some SuperBowl Nachos (just my regular nachos, with a SuperBowl title), some Football Brownies (regular brownies), maybe a Cheese Football (regular cheese ball, you get the idea here), Super Bowl Dip, and some other junky food for us to eat while we watch. T is not working tonight, so it should be a good time. (As good as it can be without the Colts winning, at least.)

I've decided to either knit a red Ruffled Scarf or a Kittyville Hat (both on my to-do list) while I watch, since I won't really need to look at either one much while I'm knitting.

Next year, Colts. Next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter