If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

So today is Thursday...

...and T is actually home from work. That means I won't be watching Dancing With The Stars, I guess. Not that I couldn't just turn the channel. But, then he'd be incredibly bored, and frankly, I only watched it because he usually works on Thursdays and I have nothing better to do.

Oh. Not that he's the something better to do. I don't want that to sound dirty. I mean, that would be something better to do, certainly, but that's not what I meant by that. What I meant was, I would rather spend time with him.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

So, I finished sleeve #2 of the Textured Raglan and I am ready to join sleeves to body and begin the yoke portion of the sweater. Well, actually, ha ha, I did join one sleeve while I was watching a show on Discovery Channel last night. But I was pretty into the show and... ahem... forgot to join the second sleeve. So, since I am unwilling to amputate an arm, I will be frogging back a bit.

Frogging boucle. Did I mention how much I enjoy that?
Here's the yarn I'm using, btw. It's the blue one. This is Sensations Rainbow Boucle from JoAnn. There's more than enough yarn in one of these skeins to make a sweater, something like 880 yards. I'm not sure what I'm doing with the red one yet. It's got a neat variegation that I'd like to come out in whatever pattern I use. Oh, yeah. I had to post this shot because Gracie saw Zeus' picture with the mouse and she was all like, "Hey, HuMom, how come MY picture's not on your blog?" So I was like, "Oh, yeah, be cool. I'm getting to it."

Gracie loves to get her picture taken. I think she's a reincarnated super model. When we shot an interior scene for that last movie in my living room, we had to make Gracie move. I think she was "ready for her close up, Mr. DeMille."

Hm. T is off work tonight. This is a good time for him to roll the dice for the Chaos Sweater, I think. (He's so funny. He always asks "How many rolls do you want?" And I say "About 2,000." Hee. Hee. Didn't know what he was getting into, did he?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter