If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Tales of Chaos

So, T finally got around to rolling the dice a bunch of times for me. So I guess I will be picking up the Chaos Sweater again tonight. (But not during 24. Got to watch that closely to see if that dumbass President Logan will let his wife get jacked by the terrorists or if Jack will get there in time to save her. Ooooh! Excitement!)

I put down the Textured Raglan for the moment because A)the pattern was starting to give me the flaming jim-jams, and B)I fracked up attaching the sleeve and I'm going to have to frog back. Boucle. (This is my sad face.)But, I really should get around to finishing it. Once the sleeves are attached, it's pretty much smooth sailing from there, right?

Ha! Ha! You ever notice how, whenever people say "Oh, it's smooth sailing from here," something really bad usually happens to them right after that? Like the Universe wasn't really paying attention to you for a while and you thought it was done messing with you. But then you say "It's smooth sailing from here," and the Universe goes, "Whoa, hey! Wait a minute!" And then something bad happens to you.

I probably shouldn't have said it was smooth sailing in reference to the Textured Raglan. Sigh. I will only have myself to blame, I guess.

Anyway, I had to keep my fidgety hands busy these last couple of days, so I did a Cabled Hat, a Flowered Hat, and two fuzzy scarves, made with some Dollar Tree yarn. What's that? Yes, I know I could have finished Kittyville. I didn't. Okay? Get over it.

Oh, one more thing. I've posted pix of Zeus and Gracie already, but not of Gab-Gab. I didn't purposely leave Gab-Gab out, I just don't have a picture of her to post yet. She's not a fan of the paparazzi, you know.

I get this mental image of me, trying to snap a quick shot while she is unaware, and Gabby turning on me suddenly. "What the !@#$#* do you *$#^@$ing think you're #&$*#@ing doing, @#$@!!" She'll growl at me, as she shoves the camera into my face. "Did I !@#$ing say you could take my !@#$%*ing picture?"

Yeah. That's pretty accurate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter