If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Chaos and Anthropologie

Wouldn't that make a great title for a dissertation? Just kidding. I'm all nerdy right now because I flipped over to the Science Channel after 24 last night and got all jacked up on learnin', man.

Anyway, I have been seeing all these really sweet-looking sweaters on Craftster... The Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet. And I've been thinking... "Oh, man, one of these days, when I don't have forty-leven projects going, I'm gonna make one of those!"

Well, last night, despite having the newly rolled numbers for the Chaos Sweater, despite the unfinished Textured Raglan quietly whimpering "please, I need another sleeve," despite the Kittyville Hat demanding ears... I cast on for The Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet.



But... I have to qualify here... This will be for M-- A birthday present. She will look cute in it. And I will use the light yellow yarn that she likes so much. Mmmmm.

The pattern is written for Medium size. No big whoop to downsize to M's Small. Actually, no biggie to supersize for my Large, either. I really want one for me. But I wonder, on someone more... ahem... amply proportioned than a small or medium, will this thing scream "Look at my boobs!"???

To be clear, that's not the effect I would want.


Oh, and I finally took some pix of the Chaos. This is the back, an up-close of the pattern. (Though, to be honest, the whole point of this sweater is that there is no pattern.)

Working on the front now. About halfway to the sleeve hole. At this rate, I should be finished around... oh.... June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter