If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, March 06, 2006

I've got to spend more time working

...and less time knitting. Really. I'm completely stalled on all projects because I'm obsessing over my knitting. How bad is that?

Yeah, okay. There's probably some measure of "fear of rejection" in there, too. But for the most part, it's just me, frackin' around and not getting anything else done. Actually, we've been posting on my writing group about bad reviews and I mentioned my worst rejection. I think it actually said something like I was going to go to hell for writing that particular story. It was harsh. Ha! Ha! So then, it occured to me that I really haven't even looked at that manuscript since then. Maybe there is something to this fear of rejection thing.

Maybe that's why, instead of paring down my synopsis for submission or finishing the last two scenes of the script I hope to shoot this summer, I started another frackin' Anthro Capelet???

And, I'm almost done with it, too. If only I could channel that same energy into other things. Like work. Or the laundry.

If only I would use my powers for good...

Fat chance of that happening though. Two full hours of 24 tonight... That's another scarf or hat. (Can't knit anything other than a scarf or a hat or I might look away and miss something!)

Yeeeow! Almost 8 now! Byes!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Lol, now you sound like me except I crochet and do cross stitch projects. I know I haven't checked in with the group lately. Not much that I can contribute to the whole rejection letter thing. Haven't sent anything out! Lol, I'm a chicken. I admit it. Good luck with the knitting. It astounds me that you're able to do it.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

Hey, Kim! I miss you, girl! How's everything with you?

Oh, and rejections... Uhgn! I'm chicken, too! LOL!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter