If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Bane of My Existence

Finally! I'm done with both the front and back of Chaos. Now I am starting on the sleeves. Here they are so far.

Why, oh why, does this sweater mock me? Is it the cables? No. I can knit cables. I love cables. Is it the randomness of the thing? Can't be. It's for my random-thinking hubby, T. So how can I object to that?

I don't know. I just feel like... SWEET JESUS, KILL ME NOW!!!!

Okay. Deep breath. Not that bad. But I do feel like a spectacular failure with this thing. It looks good. It feels good. I know T will love it. Sigh. I just want to be done with it.

I was a little encouraged today. It was like 35 degrees today. (Day before, it was 65. I was getting worried that there would be no more sweater wearing weather.) Oh well, maybe it's best.

Maybe, by the time I finish it will be too warm for wearing the Chaotic Demon Sweater From Hell. Then T can just thank me and kiss me and put that damn thing on the shelf for a few months until next winter. And maybe then I will have forgotten about how it drove me nearly insane. (*maniacal laughter* Knitting needles go stabby-stabby!)

Speaking of maniacal laughter...

Here is my other cat, Gabby. (Those of you who know Gab-Gab know why crazy talk reminds me of her.)

Gabby has yet to appear on this blog, but she spends a lot of time with me and my knitting, actually. She sits on my lap while I knit and hardly ever messes with yarn or needles. (Except that one time that I made catnip chili peppers for them and the yarn needle I used to sew the top must have retained some of the catnip odor, because... Wow.)

It's funny. I can leave my knitting, needles, yarn, whatever, laying out in the living room without fear of any cat getting into it. But... I made them catnip toys for Christmas. Catnip mice (from the SnB book), catnip fish (my own design), catnip eyeball (who else but me would design a catnip eyeball?).

Zeus and Gracie were a little confused by them. I suppose because they know DON'T PLAY WITH THE YARN, DAMN IT! *twitch twitch* They gave me looks like, "What the hell? Is this some kind of trick, Hu-mom?"

Oh, but Gabby... Oh man. Look at this thing.


This used to be a white mouse. You think maybe someone is trying to tell me something? This looks like a personal message:

Stop petting the yarn and start petting the cat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter