If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Adventures in Blogland

You know, when I started this blog thing, I was pretty skeptical. I was like, "Who wants to hear what I have to say?" But then I started thinking... Hey, I'm a writer. Why do I write? Because people are beating down my door to see what I have to say?

I'm sorry. I was laughing too hard to type for a minute.

So, upon further consideration, I decided to go ahead with the blog idea, regardless of whether anyone else would ever read it. (And I think people are reading it, because the counter keeps going up. That can't all be me, right?) But anyway, I have been thinking that the reason blogging is so appealing to me is because I have, in effect, the best kind of audience. For one thing, you all came here to read what I have to say. (Silly people.) But for another thing, the blogisphere leaves me pretty much free to write about whatever I feel like, eh?

I mean, T is very supportive of the knitting. He's my enabler, actually. ("It is nice yarn. Why don't you get some, honey? Couldn't you make something out of this?") But, I fear he only pretends to get my knitting jokes. Like when I say "Master SSK is in the hizzy!"

Ha. Ha. Ha. Oh, that cracks me up every time.

But here--here--I am uninhibited. I can say whatever I want about whatever I feel like talking about. Oh yes. I can throw off the bonds of writing structure. I can shrug away the fetters of social etiquette. I can break away from what the dull, plodding world thinks is normal and (dare I say) sane.

I can say whatever I want.

Turns out, though, that I have nothing really to say at this time. But it's nice to know I can say it if I want to. (Kisses!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Lol, I love the way you write, so yea keep it up. Like the lingerie in the previous post as well. Wish I knew how to do that.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter