If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Thinking About Getting Some Cotton Yarn

I want to do some summery type things. Like this. Or this.

I did a simple tank top last summer, though, and it didn't turn out all that wonderful. It was a pattern from the 2005 Knitting Pattern A Day Calendar. A tank with a split back, so it was kind of open in the back.

I used Sugar N Cream cotton and got the correct guage. I swear. But it was all 1X1 ribbing, which I thought would make it pull in, be form fitting. Not so. It just kept growing.

So this thing was wiiiiiide. I mean, it was so damn wide, that in lieu of frogging the whole thing out (which, I think I've mentioned before, I hate), I decided to take off the back panels altogether, take off the i-cord straps, and just seam the front piece for about 4 inches to make it tube like, but still open in the back.

Then, I added 1" straps instead of putting the i-cord back on. (To cover bra straps.) And it fit. That's how wide that sucker was before.

But I'd like to make a summer top that doesn't require major surgery this summer.

So, anyway, it's St. Pat's day. My family has some Irish. (And Cherokee and English and Dutch. Typical American mutt.) So I'm in green. And I crocheted T a shamrock pin from this pattern, because he had a presentation today and was in the black on black outfit that looks so good on him. But, I didn't want him to get pinched. Keep your damn hands off my man!

That's not my shamrock. That's the pic from the pattern.

Do they do that in other countries, btw? Pinch you if you're not wearing green on St. Pat's day?

Because that seams like a stupid tradition, if you ask me. It doesn't relate to anything. Like, St. Pat supposedly rid Ireland of snakes. So, if you're not wearing green on St. Pat's day, maybe you should get whacked on the head with a snake. That makes more sense to me than pinching someone.

But I guess, that begs the question... Where the hell am I going to get a snake?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter