If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Oh, The Excitement Never Ends

I suppose you're all wondering what's happened to me these last few days, why I haven't been blogging. Yeah, right. Like anyone but me reads this!

Well, sweet, imaginary readers... Here is what is up. I have been out pounding the pavement, hitting the job boards, culling the classifieds. Yes, it is time for Pat to go back to work.

Yes, as much as I would love to stay at home and write and knit, I must re-enter the workforce so that I can buy shinbone polish and cuticle frames and candy for the children.

Besides, I think I am getting to the point where I would really appreciate some human contact outside of people I gave birth to or married. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love them and all. But they pretty much have to talk to me, don't they? Ha!

And none of you are talking to me, are you? So, really, you're all as much to blame for me having to search for a job as I--with my overwhelming urges to purchase yarn every time I'm in a craft store!

Mmmmmm. Yarn. Sweet, cuddly yarn. You'll talk to me, won't you? Yes. Yarn loves Pat. That's right. Yarn is my friend. Mmmmm.

Huh? What? Where am I? Oh yeah, job search.

I've often heard it said that you should find something you're good at, something you really enjoy, and then find a way to make money at it. No, I'm not even going to go for the easy joke with this one. But it does make me wonder.

Is there such a job as "Maker of stupid jokes that no one really laughs at"? (Knock. Knock. Who's there? Interupting Cow. Inter-- Moo.) No? How about "Person who makes sure the handle on the toilet gets jiggled so it doesn't run all night"? Is that a job? Because that seems to be the sum of what I am doing lately.

Oh, and bitching. I am really, really good at that. I wish there was a job for that. I would be the Sr. Vice President of Bitching. Wouldn't that be cake?

Meantime, I am stuck in this stupid Real World, where I am forced to operate within the guidelines of the Possible and the Likely. So, tomorrow, I will be out there job seeking again. And what will that get me?



PS: Here's my obligatory knitting comment: I am still working on writing up the pattern for the Fuzzy stuff, still struggling with Chaos, still braindead on Textured, still ignoring Style and Kittyville. I suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter