If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Pictures!!!!


Did you ever knit something and then think, "What the heck were you thinking, Pat? This is a kid's hat! Your kids are pretty much grown. You don't even know any kids!" And then you think, "Ah, well. It's still a pretty cute hat."

So that one will go to the Fletcher House, along with most of the hats and scarves I will knit over the course of the year.

Except Kittyville. I had originally made Kittyville with M in mind, but when I finished it, I decided it needed my head. Check this out. This is me, trying to look all Julie Newmar. (You can tell Zeus is unimpressed.) Julie Newmar is my fave Catwoman, by the way. Sexy and bad. Way out of Adam West's league. (We know this, of course, because... well, let's just say they don't call those outfits "tights" for nothing.)

I really do look like Julie Newmar in real life, by the way. This camera justs adds, like, 40 pounds. It really sucks. No seriously, I guess I would be a very bad comic book villain. I tend to monologue. I see the scene going something like this:

Batman (Tied to a giant rocket to the sun or some comic book crap like that. The fuse is lit, and the viewer can see Batman struggling with his bonds behind his back): So, Patwoman, do you really think you can get away with this?

Patwoman (All puffed up with her bad self and totally unaware that Batman is just stroking her along.): Ha! Ha! Ha! Why, silly Batman, I already have! First I infiltrated NASA with my super intellect and my sexy catsuit...

Batman (Rubs the ropes binding his wrists against a Bat-Blade that he is able to somehow wriggle around and cause to eject from his Utility Belt behind his back.): Uh-huh. Go on.

Patwoman: Then I hijacked the Super Sun Rocket and ingeniously lured you here with those pictures of me in nothing but a hand-knitted hat...

Batman (Breaking free.): Ah ha, Patwoman! Once again, your self-aggrandizement is your downfall!

Patwoman: (Busted again.) Frack!

Batman (Slapping the Bat-Cuffs on her): Now you'll get exactly what you deserve, Patwoman.

Patwoman (Perking up at the sight of the Bat-Cuffs): Hmmmm. Well, that's good, too.

Okay. I have some strange fantasies. Where was I again?

Oh yes. The knitting. For my knitting blog. Thanks for reminding me.

Here's the Dayflower Scarf and the Feather Lace Hat I did.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking... Frack! Does this woman ever take a good picture? Sigh. It's the camera. I swear.

These are both done with Red Heart Super Saver acrylic that I had leftover from an afghan. (I always like to do afghans with acrylic so they are easy-care.) I had used like two inches out of the 8 oz skein, so I had plenty of this light blue to work with. The Dayflower, the Feather, and the Kid's Hat are all from this skein. I like the color and the pattern on both a lot. I think I will give these away though, and make myself one using mohair or something softer and fluffier.

Speaking of soft and fluffy... T and I were out today (No. Now don't go for the easy joke, people. It's not becoming of you.) T and I were out today and he treated me to some lovely Bernat. I will talk more about that tomorrow, mostly because my life is really not all that interesting and at least this way I know I'll have something to talk about tomorrow.

Props also to T for fixing the camera again (because I am a Tech Tard) so that I could post these pix for you. He wanted to make sure he got credit for it in my blog. I keep telling him, Sweetie, these people don't care what I do. (Jeez! I talk about Freudian dreams more often than knitting!) But you know T. He thinks I'm cute.

Can I pick 'em or what?

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexis said...

Your hats are so cute!!

Definately give yarn dyeing a go, it's really fun once you get past the smell of wet wool, vinegar and 6 flavors of Kool Aid.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter