If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

FO's For The New Year!

I'm loving vaca time. Sleep late. Cruise the internet. Knit. Watch Ninja Warrior. Chillax. I don't know a way it could get better.

Well, maybe if I had a few more days. Sigh. Back to work tomorrow.

But yo! Check out some FOs:

R had asked me for a hat recently. Okay, he never asks me for anything. So, if he wants a hat, he gets a hat, dammit. I made this one from LB 100% Wool in Navy. It's on a pretty tight guage, so it's warm, but light. It was my first attempt at a shaped man's hat. I think it came out pretty nice. I knit that diamond embossed scarf (from a previous post) to match it.

Then, because everyone liked the hat I did for Jon, I decided to make T a hat like it. He's not stoned in this picture. I promise. He just has this thing where he can shut his eyelids really, really quickly--like before the flash can finish going off. I call it his Vulcan Inner Eyelid. T's hat is the same as Jon's, only I had to make it bigger for T's blockhead massive brain. (Added 4 stitches circumference and 1 inch in length.)

Then, I had yarn leftover, and I thought... what's better than one hat?... and I made R a hat like that, too. (In the regular size, though.) He didn't model it for pictures, but here he is again, mugging for the camera in the blue hat.

So, those were the final FOs of 2007. But I was really bored productive today. I saw this hat on Craftster and decided to make one for myself. First I tried it with a fuzzy yarn. Yarn Bee Luscious in Sugarplum, combined with some LB 100% Wool in Navy (leftover from R's hat and scarf.) Color is awesome. Unfortunately, the fuzziness killed the laciness of the pattern.

That's okay. I like it anyway. Although, M did criticize that it didn't match my scarf or mittens. So I knit a matching scarf with the remaining Luscious. It's plain garter stitch. 12 stitches on Size 10 1/2s (remember my loose guage). I just knit until I ran out of yarn. It's very fluffy and soft.

Still wanted the Lace Hat, though. But all my bulky yarn is pretty fluffy yarn, too. (I know... why not just go out and buy some more yarn?) But no. Let's try and use some yarn we have. Novel concept, there!

So, I put together a strand of this evergreen color and black to make a bulky weight. (Both acryllic of some sort. From the stash.) Now, you can see the lace. I noticed, I had some issue with the decrease rounds both times (even though I made the larger size with the fuzzy yarn and the smaller size with the smooth). I just didn't end up with the same amount of stitches as the pattern seemed to think I should. But the lace pattern looks the way it should, so I didn't worry about it.


Oh, by the way... in a topic somewhat related to knitting... I saw a preview for new Prison Break! January 14!

Okay, that's not knitting related. I just loves me some Wentworth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter