If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, July 06, 2009

Blockage

Not that kind of blockage. (That's a completely different kind of post!)

I'm talking about the other kind of blockage. You know, finishing work! (I know, what an alien concept in the Patwoman world.) But, you know... Infinite number of monkeys....

So here is a scarf that will be a Christmas gift. I don't want to say who, just in case he happens to see this.
If you look carefully, you can see Achilles in the upper left corner of that pic. He was "helping" me. Believe me. You do not want a cat to help you block. His version of help was a lot of crawling under the towel I was using to protect the table, sliding across the table--moving the cloth, the knitting, everything in the process, and slapping at the spray bottle.

This is knit from Bernat Cashmere in Coal. Check out my earlier posts here and here for the specifics as far as stitches. I used about 2.75 skeins for this scarf, about 6 feet long.

I also did the hat to match. I wanted to incorporate the same cable into the hat somehow, but it's a pretty wide (22 stitches) motif. Instead of going around the hat, I put the motif vertically on the front and then worked the rest of the hat in stockingette stitch, with a 3/4 inch 2X2 ribbing to keep the band stretchy.

One pattern repeat fit very nicely before the decreases. It took a full skein and most of what was left from the scarf. I think he will like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter