If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, December 18, 2009

So Let’s Talk About The Bionic Eye

Now, I know you all think I’m afraid of the Robot Apocalypse, but that’s not true. I’m resistant to the Robot Apocalypse that destroys humanity. (Terminator, Space Above and Beyond, Lost In Space, RoboCop, 2001…) I actually think it would be awesome to be part robot, myself.


Like these eyes. That’s pretty effin cool, I gotta say. Like Star Trek cool. (But do not interpret that to mean I think Geordi LaForge is cool. That’s not what I’m saying. Jeez.)



Or, have you seen these suits? They were designed to help people who are paralyzed to become ambulatory. (And, if you mounted rocket launchers on the shoulders, you could have your own anime show!)

I think it would be a big selling point if you could program a suit like that to do stuff, like while you were asleep. Stay with me here. You put the suit on, program it to do crunches and leg lifts, take an Ambien, and tone up in your sleep.

I know that sounds pretty radical, but think about it a sec. Why don’t you exercise? You know it’s good for you. You know you need it. You know youshould. But… you don’t have time. Seriously. My doctor says I should be getting 30 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week. I tell her, if I had an extra 2 ½ hours a week, I’d spend it sleeping.

This way, I could do both


Just try not to picture what you might look like doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter