If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

More To Show You From Christmas

Sometimes it's frustrating when you're trying to knit a present for a guy and he tells you "Nothing fancy." (R, I'm talking to you.) I want to knit. I want to cable. I want to show all my mad skillz.

But... Nothing fancy. Right.

So, here is a guy set I did for Christmas. It's not fancy. But it's not plain, either. It's got just enough stitch variation to create interest. This is Jesse's Christmas Hat in Moss Green Berella. It comes out looking small, but I tried it on my head, R's head, Notpatwoman's head (well, really her whole self, since she is just a head), and T's pretty good-sized head. It fit all of those heads very well. It's very stretchy.

The bulk of the hat is a K2P2 rib, but there are a series of cables that create the XXing at the brim. I really like it. It looks like "Hi there. I'm a serious no-nonsense hat... Or am I?"

Anyway, as much as I like the XXing, I didn't want to do that on the whole scarf. ZZZZ. Too much of a good thing. So I just made a simple 4 stitch checkerboard scarf. Manly. Not too fancy. But still pretty sharp looking.

This was a Christmas gift for Eric.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter