If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Knitting Recapped

...although, at times, it felt like I was being Christmas Knitting Kneecapped.



But I did finish gifts for everyone. Here is the scarf I made for Eric. It's an old school Mario scene. I had hoped to use some existing patterns for the scene, but unfortunately, none of the graphs I saw fit my guage/needs/idea. So I ended up creating this thing from scratch.


I'll put out a pattern for this pretty soon. Basically, I drew it all on graph paper with colored markers (I know. But it seemed fittingly old school.) So all of that has to be transfered to some sort of usable electronic document. Also, I decided, as I was knitting that, for instance,
I needed to leave more space between one thing and another or I needed to add some clouds or I wanted to reverse one of the charts and have something pointed in the opposite direction... At any rate, what I eventually ended up with was not the same as what I had planned. It was better, sure. But it also rendered my charts somewhat useless.



This is all worsted weight yarn. And it does have a solid black back. So it is very warm. I think you could actually do this in sport weight yarn. But it was pretty difficult enough to find just the right colors for this, as it was.

My guage was 5 st = 1", so not bad. It still took for-freaking-ever to knit, and longer to weave in all those ends.

But Eric was happy with it, and that is the main thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter