If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

More Christmas Knitting: The Coolest Scarf Ever

It actually is called The Coolest Scarf Ever. But even if it weren't, I'd still think it was pretty cool. I love the fringed "fingers" that run the whole length of the scarf, on both sides.

This was Sharon's Christmas scarf. The Coolest Scarf Ever from Great Balls of Yarn. I used Jo-Ann Sensations Rainbow Boucle in Berry Print. I have to say, I really like the subtle gradiations of this yarn for this pattern. (Which, I guess you really can't see in either of these pictures, but it's there. Trust me.)

You know I'm not a fan of knitting with boucle yarns. And, by that, I mean I'd rather eat a plate of eyeballs. But this scarf really looked awesome with the boucle yarn. It gave it such an interesting texture.


The pattern itself is pretty easy. It's just a lot of casting on and binding off, with a lot of seed stitch in between. But, that's what makes this scarf take so long to knit--a lot of casting on and binding off, with a lot of seed stitch in between.

It was a fun scarf to knit, too. Fun to see the fringe accumulate as I knit. I think this is gonna be fun to wear, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter