If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

FO: Purple Scarf

Remember a few days ago I started a scrap project with my purple yarns? Well, I finished it today. Take a look.

This is a simple garter stitch scarf, knitted lengthwise on #9 needles. It's about 6 feet long and about 6 inches wide. I left a long tail on each end and knotted as I went. At the end of it all, I just trimmed them all off even at about 8 inches.

This scarf uses a bunch of different yarns. They were all small balls left over from various projects, so obviously they no longer had any labels. I recognize some of them and some of them, I just don't remember what they are.

This scarf includes Caron Simply Soft (the lavender color), Lion Brand Jiffy (in a whitish, lavender color), Bernat Berella 4 (the dark grey), Yarn Bee Soft Delight (the black bulky with the purplish haze), as well as some deeper purple and lighter grey worsted and bulky, some smooth yarns and some fuzzy yarns (and one thin medium purple yarn with some nubs every inch or so.

The really cool thing about doing a scrap project like this is that you end up with a highly textured, visually interesting finished piece. I mean, look at this. This is awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter