If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Case Of The Returning Needles

Well, just one needle. And lots of stuff has been returning. And disappearing.

These needles, for instance. My #8 short straights. I have been looking for these off and on for a while now. I was doing a project that required #8s and I wanted to use the short needles, which are my preference to use if I'm not going to have a lot of stitches on the needle. I couldn't find both needles and ended up using the long ones, which I find a little awkward.

I had one, right where it was supposed to be, but couldn't find the other one, no matter where I looked. Not in any other project. Not in any knitting bag. Not in my craft drawers (which would be the wrong place, but I checked anyway). Not in any of my yarn storage. Not in the cushions of the couch. Not under the couch. Not on the end tables. Not in the kitchen next to the computer. Not anywhere. You get me?

I have long suspected my house is haunted. By a practical joker. Things go missing and I look for them everywhere. Others help me look for them, even. And then, sometime later, they just show up--most of the time, right where they were supposed to be... where everyone looked for them repeatedly.

But today, I sat down on the couch long enough to drink my morning coffee. After a few minutes, I looked down, and the missing needle was in my lap. At first I thought I must have, I don't know, hooked my sleeve on the needle I already have (poking up out of Batman's head) and dragged it back to my lap. But no. That needle was still there. This was the missing needle, returned to my lap.

Weird, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter