If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Wire-Wrapped Rings

I should be working. I should be exercising. I should be knitting. (Well, okay. It's not that I should be knitting. I just want to. But those other things... I should totally be doing those.)

Instead, I am taking a few moments to make some wire-wrapped rings. But really, they go so quickly, it's not like I'm really slacking off anyway. Each took just a few minutes. I made three tonight.
I made the blue one first. It's a blue and gold bead, accented by gold beads on either side. The wire is blue. I really like this one a lot, but I made it just slightly too big. It's not loose enough to come off, but just loose enough to turn around on my finger after a time. I might wrap a bit more wire on the sides. That might tighten it up a bit.
Then, I decided to make the pink one without any beads at all. I was going for a rosette type swirl. I think it looks pretty cute.

It's a little tight, though. Just slightly. So then I made the red, white, and blue one. And it fits just right. The only thing I don't like about it is the weird wire wrapping on the side. But that was all me. What can I say? I need some glasses.

Still, I'm pretty happy with these. It was a very satisfying fifteen minutes of crafting. Maybe I'll do some matching earrings next time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter