If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Change In Perspective

It's funny how your perspective changes as you get older, isn't it? When I was younger, I did a lot of crazy things that, looking back with my adult eyes, were really stupid scary. I didn't even think about the danger involved in some of the things I did. In fact, I kind of liked the danger.

Now, in my middle age, I am nervous about crossing those bridges that are so high above the ground or so low on the water. I get nervous being in a boat on a large body of water, knowing that just about anything could be beneath me and I'd never know. I get nervous about driving in the fog.

It's kind of embarrassing comical.

Other viewpoints have changed, too. These are good changes, though. Like, I no longer care what everyone else is wearing or driving. I don't care if someone thinks I'm silly or doesn't like me. I'm not influenced by other people's opinions and the things that used to make me uncomfortable, don't really bother me any more.

Except spiders. Always gonna be scared of spiders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter