If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Summertime, And The Living Is... Crazy

Remember when you were a kid and the summer just lasted forever? I was thinking about that the other day and about how time is just different now. I was looking at fire pits--I have been contemplating buying one for several years now--and thinking about the bonfires we had as a teenager.

We used to make a big bonfire and sit out at it all night. There would be music and hot dogs and marshmallows and friends. Oh yeah, and there would be alcohol. That, of course, was the main reason for a bonfire, so we could stay out all night drinking. Of course, as an adult, I'm horrified by the thought of fire and alcohol together, but back then... Yeah, we're all stupid as teenagers.

Still, it was a good time. There's something primal and raw about sitting around a fire and talking. That's why, I guess, I'm so interested in these fire pits that are so popular right now. I would love to have little get togethers (with friends and family or just the two of us) where we sit around the fire and laugh and talk.

But then I'm reminded that I really have zero time for that. I've pretty much given up my Sunday Game Night--at least for the time being--because I just have so much to do. But that's the goal. I'd like to get to the point where T and I can take a night off together and just relax, maybe sit around our fire pit and look out at the backyard night.

Sigh. Maybe next summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter