If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Copper Molds

When we were first married, maybe about a year or so, T's grandmother moved to a retirement home. She naturally had to pare down her belongings in order to fit into a dorm-sized room. No small task considering 1) She had lived in that house for over 50 years and 2) She was a crafter.

I'm not sure who was gifted with all of her craft items. No one else in T's family would be caught dead making something (like poor people do!).

But, one evening one of T's cousins brought us a box filled with Oma's copper molds. There were five of them and they were beautiful. I've always liked the look of copper, but I especially love copper in the kitchen.

I hung them on our kitchen wall. After a while, I started adding copper molds of my own. I got them from garage sales and Goodwill, mostly. And when we moved, I'd take the copper molds with us and hang them on my new kitchen wall.

I like copper molds, you get it? They're pretty, and they remind me of Oma, one of the nicest, kindest people I have ever met. Having them on the wall is like those big signs other people put on their walls that say things like Family, Love, or Sharing.

They say the same thing to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter