If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Green Brea Bag

I started knitting the Brea Bag the other day as a Christmas gift. Brea is a free pattern from Berroco. It's a crescent-shaped bag with some pretty cabling and moss stitching details. It's a really striking looking bag, even in a solid color.

Actually, I prefer this in a solid color, since the cables are what make it. I used a deep green, Bernat Satin in Forest Mist Heather, and I think that's the perfect color for it. It really has a rich, Celtic-y flavor. I'm really pleased with it.

The knitting, of course, is the fun part. Now it has to be seamed and lined. And I have to find a nice handle for it. And a fantastic button, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter