If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The One Where Patwoman’s Refrigerator Dies And Leaves Her With 22.5 Cubic Feet Of Spoiled Food And Melted Ice Cream

Well, that title kind of says it all, doesn’t it?

Came home late from work last night. We were so busy that, not only was I there late, I also didn’t get a chance to eat dinner. So I was pretty anxious to make a taco salad with all that fresh produce and ground beef I’d just bought. Then, I opened the door and grabbed the package of meat and…

Uh… Why is it room temperature?

Yeah. Everything in the fridge was room temperature. Everything in the freezer was room temperature. Not only is that gross, but it makes no sense, since they should be on two separate compressors. I thought maybe the power had gone out in the evening since we had some pretty major storms moving through earlier (while everyone was at work). But the power was back on when we got home and the fridge was still warm.

Flash forward to today. The repairman says there is nothing broken with my fridge, but apparently there was some weird power surge that reset the computer brain of my fridge (did I mention that, this last time around shopping for kitchen appliances, I popped big bucks for The Fridge Of The Future?) and so now it thinks it’s in demo mode on the showroom floor.

Boop. Boop. Beep. Ding. Ding. Pressed a few buttons and my fridge was fine.

Of course, all the ice cream had already melted out of its cartons, over the shelf and into the ice-maker, so it could pour out the ice dispenser the first time someone accidentally touched that dispenser lever. (Guess who that was?)

What a mess.

Still, in the grand scheme of things, all that was lost was several hundred dollars’ worth of food. And the repair bill. I guess it could have been much worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter