If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, June 17, 2013

I Couldn't Take It Any More

I have had no time to knit, no time to do anything really. And I really need to. Stabbing yarn is the only acceptable violence T will allow me to do for stress relief.

Patwoman: OMG I just have so much to do and so little time to do it and I can't be all things to all people especially when people keep interrupting me! Where's my hammer?!

T: Now, now. Let's not go to DefCon 1 straight out of the gate. It's not Hammertime yet. Here. Why don't you work on this yarn.

(He is the master of the mixed metaphor, isn't he?) But he's usually right about that. Torturing yarn knitting does tend to relieve the stress and settle the urge to kill tension.

So I just picked up the closest yarn, which happened to be my hand-dyed green/blue/yellow recycled wool, and the closest circular needles. And then I did a search on Ravelry for a suitable pattern for that yarn and those needles, one that I wanted to knit. (Because, it's not going to relieve much stress if I don't enjoy knitting it, right?)

And I cast on for Susan Ashcroft's Mistakes--I've Made A Few cowl, which--by the way--seems like an appropriately titled pattern for me. Take a look. I knit 4 inches without coming up for air.

Yeah, I mix metaphors too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter