If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Altoid Cans: Curiously Strong

And curiously strong dog teeth. Let me tell you a story:

Once upon a time, Patwoman was reading about things you can do with repurposed Altoid tins. It was pretty cool, so Patwoman went out and bought some Altoids so she could have the tin. (She knew she would eat all the mints in a curiously quick amount of time.) But she left the tin on coffee table in the living room and left the house.

Let me tell you another story before I get to the end of this one, because they both end the same way.

Once upon a time, Gengen saw an unguarded tin of candy on the coffee table in the living room. Now, the candy was in a metal tin and the metal tin was still wrapped in plastic, and the tin was on the table in such a position that she would have to knock almost everything off the table in order to get to it. But that didn't matter to Gengen, because she wanted to eat the candy inside. (Even though she had never tried Altoid mints and had no idea what to expect.) So she cleared the coffee table, knocking the Altoid tin to the floor, where she proceeded to chew the can.

When I got home, I found what was left of the can on the floor--a mangled, twisted, holey, soggy mess. I wish I'd taken a picture of this can, but it was so horrific I just tossed it.

For the record, Gengen did not suffer any damage to her teeth, that I can tell. But, holy crap! She bit through a metal tin! That kind of makes me a little nervous about Cookie Time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter