If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, July 04, 2013

Happy July 4th!

We planned to spend the day relaxing. What is it they say about making plans? Something about God's sense of humor...

Anyway, we bought a new grill so we could have everyone over and cook out. It was on sale and had a rebate, so it was a good deal. However, when we go to put the grill together, we realize it's the wrong one. It's the next lowest model. So we have to hurry and take it back to the store and exchange it.

When we get there, however, the manager argues that the grill they've given us is the exact same grill. Of course it's not. Why would it have a different model number? (He says it's not a big deal. There is only one number different.) Plus, the one they've given us is a two burner grill and the one we paid for was a three burner grill.

Then--get this--the manager says the two burner grill is actually a three burner grill. The third burner is the side burner. When we point out that there are actually three burners in the main area of the three burner grill PLUS a side burner (so would the three burner actually be a four burner in his world?) he was really snotty.

Look, we told him. We're bringing in an unopened, boxed grill with a receipt. All we want is the one we paid for. In the end, he did exchange it. Although, I think he probably had one of the sales associates do a quick cycle count so he could verify we hadn't somehow slipped this huge grill out of the store and then tried to return it with a receipt for something else. T insisted he give us an assembled grill, since we had wasted 90 minutes arguing with this jackass and people were due at the house any minute.

But the fun didn't stop there, folks. Oh no.

When we get home, I have R put the grill out on the back patio. I'm watching as he does it and suddenly I notice Holy God! There's a crapload of bees out there!

So I make R come inside, hoping they will dissipate. But they don't. So I make him go back outside and spray them with bee killer.

Don't get upset. These aren't honey bees. They're those burrow-in-the-ground bees that are nothing but a nuisance.

Ok. So that gets settled and we get the food on the grill. We're having cheeseburgers, hot dogs, and brats, with potato salad, chips and dip, and corn on the cob. I've made some strawberry/blueberry shortcake for our red-white-blue. After we eat, we're going to play croquet.

You know how we love croquet.

We just get the food off the grill and what do you think happens? That's right. Rain.

Still, we had a good time, playing games indoors. Even though I didn't win any games. Even though I lost spectacularly at all the games we played.

Hope your 4th went well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter