If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, July 07, 2013

Happy Anniversary!

T and I have been married 29 years.

It's funny, because it doesn't really seem like a long time to me. You know how they say the excitement gives way to habit after so long? Well, it's not true. We're still having just as much fun as we did when we first met! And he's still my favorite person to be around.

Still, I was thinking about the sentence I've been married to T for 29 years. And I thought, if you replace married to T with anything else, it completely changes everything.

--I've been at the same job for 29 years.

--I've been in the same apartment for 29 years.

--I've had the same hairstyle for 29 years.

--I've had the hiccups for 29 years.


Well, okay. That last one was weird. But you get my point. All of those things seem like they would be so tedious and dull. But 29 years with T is just getting started.

Trust me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter