If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, July 06, 2013

What To Do In Case Of A Rip In The Space/Time Continuum

I was watching some late night tv the other night and there was a commercial for a show that was on a while back. Apparently they are replaying it on some other channel. Or making new episodes. Or something. I don’t know. I wasn’t paying that much attention.

I did watch this show once or twice when it was on the first time around. Basically, we find out this world is going to be destroyed sometime in the near-ish future, but we also discover a wormhole back in time. So a bunch of people are chosen to go back in time through the wormhole to live in the past.

Now, of course, if you send a bunch of people back in time a million years and they screw up the world in the past, that’s going to have repercussions on the present, right? No. Don’t worry about that. That wormhole? It actually takes them to an alternate timeline. So they can screw up whatever they want.

But what if you do go back in your own timeline? If you mess around too much, you could end up creating a paradox—a rip in the space/time continuum. And nobody wants that. I mean, one minute you’re sitting around, watching bad movies on Syfy, and the next minute you’re gone and the world is populated by gorilla/insect hybrids—all because you stepped on a butterfly and caused your great, great, great grandfather not to be born.

Let’s face it, though. If you do go back in time, you’re gonna screw up something. At the very least, you’ll end up having sex with an ancestor and become your own great-grandfather. And what you don’t want is some weird incestuous relationship with your granny. Hey, it could happen. A million science fiction stories can’t be wrong.

So, Since you are going to screw up the space/time continuum anyway, I say there is only one thing you can do. Yeah. You know what what I'm going to say.

You’ve got to call The Doctor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter