If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, April 21, 2014

FO: Magic Ball Afghan!

I finished the scrap afghan. I didn't mean to. This was just my thing to knit when I couldn't work on my Christmas knitting. And it also used up a bunch of scraps. But it was just a lot of fun to knit. Look at it!

Yeah, it's pretty scrappy. There's all kinds of stuff in there--ladder yarn, fun fur, smooth acryllic, mohair-y textures, ribbon yarn, doubled sport yarn. I also didn't pay much attention to the color combos. But I did hold all the yarn together with a strand of navy blue acryllic. Check out the closeups:


It's an interesting afghan, to say the least. It is a little darker than these pictures would lead you to believe. I had to use the flash, and you know that makes the colors look weird. Someday, I hope to live in a house with overhead lighting. Sigh.

But now, my magic ball is no more. Not to worry, though. I still have plenty of scrap yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter