If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Foot Seams

So, I've seamed the bottoms of the Red Riding Slippers. This is a bit of a trick, since I don't want the seam to be lumpy right on the bottom and I yet I still want it to look good. (Even though it's on the bottom of the foot.) So I grabbed the very outer edge of the stitch and seamed it up that way.

It looks ok, I think. Not bad looking at all. And you can't feel this seam at all when you're wearing the slipper. I tried it, and believe me I was really trying to feel it.

I seamed the other one up the same way.

Now they're looking more like slippers, right? Next I needed six buttons for the upper. Basically you make a tube of the leg and then sew it onto the bottom. So I searched my button stash.

Can you believe I don't have six matching red buttons? WTF? How is that even possible? Oh well. I guess I will have to make a trip to Joann's.

Darn it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did a kitchener stitch bind off. I plan to make several of these for xmas.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

How did the kitchener stitch work for you? These were a fun knit and I think they'll be great gifts. They definitely look on trend.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter