If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, February 07, 2015

FO: November Cabled Hat



I've finished the November Cabled Hat. It's a nice pattern, really. All the trouble I had with it before was totally my own doing, and not any fault of the pattern.

You've got to love a bulky knit hat for a quick finish project. This is Bernat Alpaca in Tundra, held double, on #10.5 needles. The deep cable is a 8 row pattern, and the decreases at the top of the hat are done almost invisibly.

The only thing about this hat is that I think it might be too small for a man's head. The designer (in the description) says it fits her husband, and it certainly will stretch wide enough. But you can see it's not very deep on a man's head. It barely covers Alpha's ears--a dealbreaker for the guys I know.

I may have to knit this again and add another few rows in the ribbing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter