If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, February 06, 2015

Friday Shopping With M

M came to visit today. It was really good to see her. With her work schedule being generally very early and mine being generally very late, and since she moved north, we don't get to spend as much time together as we used to. We got to do a little shopping together and then go to lunch.

Of course, one of our stops was Michael's, where I was able to get the jingle bells I needed and the beads for the Ringbearer Pillow. So, with any amount of luck, I should be able to finish both the swap ornament and the Ringbearer Pillow this weekend. Hooray!

I also picked up the Dark Grey Heather yarn I needed to finish the Winter Is Coming Scarf. I'm not really worried about the dye lot of the yarn. I purchased the original skeins over a year ago, so I knew there was no way I was going to get the dye lots to match. My plan is to alternate rows of the old yarn and the new yarn to "blend" together so the change is not so noticeable.

Sadly, Michael's didn't have the Silver Heather and neither did Joann. I'm not sure if I will need the silver heather to finish the knitting, but I'll definitely need it for the fringe. I may end up having to order the Silver Heather online. And then, going forward, my rule will be to buy an additional skein of each color whenever I buy yarn for a project.

Anyway, I'm going to try and finish that scarf this weekend, too. Let's see how far I can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter