If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, January 30, 2015

Unproductive

Is it the end of January already? Almost? WTF? How did that happen?

I had such plans for January. January was supposed to be a month for finishing some WIPs. Now, while I'm not delusional naive enough to think that I would finish then all in January (after all, it's only 31 days), I really did think it was within my grasp to finish one thing. I really, really thought I would finish the Winter Is Coming Scarf.

That thing is becoming my new Chaos Sweater. Remember that? Only I'm not frogging this thing. This thing is going to get knitted if I have to drag it kicking and screaming to the FO pile.

But seriously. What is it about this scarf? Is it harder than I thought it would be when I started? No. I don't think it's particularly difficult. Is it longer? Yeah, I suppose so. But it's no 4th Doctor Scarf. It's just a longish scarf.

The kind I should be able to knock out with no problem.

Granted, I've not been working on it non-stop. I'm not a robot (yet). I have worked on a few other projects that needed to be done. Besides, I can't just work on one thing. That kind of mechanical start-to-finish task-driven process is what kills the fun for me. But still, I should be able to finish one scarf in a whole month.

So what is it? Am I slow? I don't think I'm slow. I'm actually pretty fast. That's why this doesn't make sense. I am pretty unfocused these days. Lingering effect of the massive amount of soul-killing stress that I'm under right now. And I'm working so much that I don't have a lot of time.

But, you know. I'd say I had time to finish one scarf. Sigh. Looks like I'm going to have to make February a WIP month too. Jan-ebruary WIP months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter