If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

FO: NSFW

Unless you are the boss, and you work alone, from home, like me. Then, it's totally safe for work, right?

So, here is the Fuck the Cold Cowl, from the Fuck the Cold Hat pattern. Pretty quick knit, especially for colorwork. Not sure what this yarn is. I thought it was black, but I just changed the bulb in my lamp next to my couch and now I see it's actually navy blue. It's a remnant from some other project, so the label is long gone. The white is Red Heart Super Saver in Soft White.

Obviously I made some mods, since this is a cowl made from a hat pattern. So, in addition to that, here are my mods:
1. Stepped down to a size 5 needle, as per my usual, because I am a loose knitter. Thought this would give me guage, but I probably should have gone down to a 4.
2. After the second chart, I knit one row black, one row white, one row black, then left off the third chart altogether.
3. Instead of decreasing for a hat, I knit 10 rows of 1X1 ribbing to match the cast on edge and then bound off.

Finished this just in time for the cold, snowy weather expected tomorrow! But don't worry about me shocking all the old ladies and choir boys I come in contact with. Only I (and all of you, of course.) know the secret message. This is what the unsuspecting see:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter