If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, May 29, 2015

A Sheep In Sheep's Clothing

Love the name of this pattern--Sheep In Sheep's Clothing. Love this pattern. It's fast, free, and highly customizable. I've had this (and most of Frankie Brown's designs) in my Ravelry queue for a while. I decided it would be a super cute Christmas ornament for the swap. It just needs a Santa coat instead of a sweater.

The ornament, like most of Frankie's patterns, is knit flat and then seamed. I don't know about you, but I go very fast when I'm knitting flat. And, for something this small, I don't mind stitching it up so much. Espedially if I stitch it up correctly the first time.

Do you see anything wrong with this? How about the fact that I've sewn both of the back legs into one mega-leg?

Rrrrr. I hate to make the really stupid mistakes. I mean, there may be sheep like that in the world, but my vision for this ornament is a sheep with 4 legs, not 3. So here's what the naked sheep looks like when made properly.

The coat is the same as the one in the pattern, I just did it in red and white. I think I might make one of these for myself. It's really cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter