If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, June 01, 2015

Why Patwoman Should Clean Out Her Purse More Often

I have a confession. I'm really, really bad at cleaning out my purse. How bad? Let me put it this way. Whenever I get a new purse, I take my wallet, keys, and brush from the old purse, and move them over for a fresh start with the new. I always say, "Oh, I'll finish cleaning this purse out later. When I have more time." But, you know, what is the one thing I never have any of? Time. (Money would also technically be correct, but we are talking about time right now.)

Anyway, I recently started teaching knit and crochet at Michael's, so I needed my drivers license and social security card to complete the necessary paperwork. But ha! They were not in my current purse (which I have been carrying since Christmas, so good thing I didn't get pulled over or anything). So I started emptying my old purses to see where I might have left my ID.

Now, it didn't take me long to find my IDs, don't worry. Because I would never lose something important like that. But once I had emptied the previous purse, I kind of got on a roll to see what was lurking in some of my old purses.

Now let me warn you. This is going to be sad, funny, shameful, and disgusting.

First, the good news. I recovered $7.42 in change, plus a couple of dice, and some glass markers I use for Drama Points in my Supernatural games. (I haven't run one in about 2 years, so yeah. That was an older purse.)

I also found a lot of candy wrappers. So, so many candy wrappers. These are just a few. I don't want to show you how many candy wrappers I found. You might begin to think I have some sort of Starburst addiction. And I definitely don't want a Starburst intervention right now.

There were also plenty of gum wrappers.

But hey, at least by keeping them in my purse, I'm not littering, right?

My bank gives you DumDums in the drive through. I can't even tell you the last time I went to the drive through at the bank.

These are Tums. Or Rolaids. I think. They might just be Wint-O-Green Lifesavers. Who knows?

Five year old Red Hot Atomic Fireballs, anyone?

And these... These are probably safe to use, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter