If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Oh Tarn It!

I have been in a mood to get rid of stuff lately. Not that I enjoy cleaning. I don't want you to think that. No. I'm just looking at my closets and saying to myself, "What am I keeping this junk for?"

Especially old T-shirts. Look, since leaving the real world and working for my own self, 90% of my wardrobe is made up of T-shirts. And since I wear them almost all the time, some of them are starting to look "not so good." But I pulled out a huge stack of these less than good shirts from my side and T's side of the closet. I can't just throw away 20 shirts. That just seems wrong.

But, you know, no one is going to want these shirts. So I can't donate them, either. I decided to cut them up to make tarn.

Here are just a couple of the shirts I've done so far. As you can see, this tarn is not super pretty. It's not exactly cut (I did it pretty quickly), and it's not a beautiful color (although, I suppose it could be dyed). But I think I will use this tarn to make a rug for my entryway. And I think it's just fine for a rug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter