If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January KAL Project Started

With only a few days left of January, I started a knit-a-long project. I know. I know. But I feel like I've been knit deprived for so long. I want to do something!

Besides, this should be quick and easy. The theme is "Ring In The New Year." So I am making a cowl. (Because it's ring-shaped.) My original plan was to make a ringbearer pillow for M's wedding (less of a stretch for the theme, there, am I right?) but she says they will not be using a ringbearer, since they both know only one child--the flower girl.

Anyway, this is the Anna Cowl by Barb Fritz. I'm using Wisdom Yarns Poems in Waterfall. I love this yarn. I bought it a long time ago at a yarn shop in Bloomington. I actually bought 2 skeins of this, but I used one to make a hat several years ago. That's kind of a bonus for me, because now I will have a set. Not sure if one skein will be enough, but I think so.

It's not super soft at first. But once it's washed, it softens up beautifully. And I like the color changes in this yarn. I wouldn't mind having some more of this Poems in various colors, but I am on a yarn diet.

Stay tuned. This should be a quick knit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter