If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

WIP: Lotus Blanket Update

There are something like 80 stitches on
the needle at this point. More or less.
Back to the Lotus Blanket. I've been working so much, and creating samples for my classes, that I put the blanket down for a few days. Here's my progress.

As you can see, I'm just about finished with that center flower. After that, the pattern is pretty simple. It creates a petal-like pattern radiating out from the center with the increases along the diagonal lines. Then, there will be a seed stitch border around the whole thing.

I have enough stitches on the needle now that I've changed to a circular. I'm much faster on the circs than on dpns. Mainly because dpns are so needy! You have to keep the tension between the needles. You have to keep the stitches from falling off the ends of the needles. You have to remember which needle is the first one. So demanding.

This should go much quicker now. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter